Violence is a reality, and the persecution of Christians and threats against the safety and security of churches continues to rise during these difficult times.
Christian Freedom International reports that every 5 Minutes a Christian Is Martyred for Their Faith, and More Christians have been killed for their faith in the 20th and 21st centuries than the previous 19 combined.
As documented in First Liberty’s annual survey, Undeniable: Survey of Hostility to Religion in America, between 2011 and 2015 attacks on religious freedom in America tripled.
Noted church security expert Carl Chinn reports that the number of Deadly Force Incidents at Faith-Based Organizations in the United States includes abductions attempts, attacks, suspicious deaths, suicides & deadly force intervention / protection from January 1999 through March 31st 2016 is 1240.
In 2014 alone there were 176 deadly force incidents documented at churches and faith based organizations in the United States:
• Out of 74 violent deaths, 52 were innocent victims. The other 22 deaths were suicides or perpetrators killed in the act.
• There were 24 incidents in which the pastor or priest of the church was directly involved. Of those leaders, 6 died in the altercation or committed suicide.
• 29 of the attackers were somehow associated with the church (as a current or past member, employee, or volunteer).
• There were 4 documented attempted abductions of children.
• 18.2 percent of incidents were related to domestic violence.
As we are bombarded with violent imagery, video games, television and movies; it is reflected in the ever-increasing nature of violence in America. Murders in 29 of the nation’s largest cities in the United States rose during the first six months of 2016. As disregard for authority and human life continues in the secular atmosphere which glorifies the profane and minimizes Christian values, the number of firearm-related deaths of law enforcement officers is now up 44 percent so far this year as compared to 2015.